Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Ski Trip

Corey planned a little extended weekend for us (he's so great)

Corey's trunk was the designated skiing supplies transporter: 8 pairs of skis, 16 ski poles, 8 pairs of ski boots, 9 snow pants, 10 coats, 9 pairs of gloves, 7 ski helmets, is that everything?


Sunday evening we packed up and went on a trip up to Eden, Utah. We had some fun family bonding Sunday night playing Othello and Blokus. Monday morning we had breakfast and got suited up then we all headed over to Wolf Mountain.

Corey took the kids while I hung out with my baby girls
After a few runs, Lily had a turn skiing with Corey, and Abi hung out with me. Then the little girls were done, so we went home for lunch and naps with Corey and the kids continued their fun.

Going down the black diamond which is now named "Ethan's Mountain" for it was here that he was skiing full blast down the face, unable to stop on the slushy snow, but luckily crashed right before the fence boundary stopped him - just in time to save his neck, we're grateful he didn't break it.

They all had a great time -


(love Wes' smile!)


After an afternoon of skiing in the sun, they were all worn out, so Corey brought them home, we got everyone settled, and then we had a turn for the two of us to hit the slopes for an hour

It was a beautiful day.

Sophia in her bundle me carseat carrier, cozy as a bug in a rug.

Speaking of bugs, after skiing and raquetball, we sat around and watched the novelty of cable television. We enjoyed reality tv as we and the kids learned about "hoarders" - it gave me the creepy crawlies watching all those cock roaches and spiders and ugh and ick! I don't know if it was hoarders week or hoarders night, cause it was on two channels - A&E's "Hoarders" and TLC's "Buried Alive" - and I think those programs were very effective in teaching our kids why we clean out bedrooms and closets and give things to charity. Some of those people's living situations were seriously insane.

All in all, it was a fun and wonderful day in this wonderful world - Life is good! Thank you Lord

4 comments:

  1. Darling picture of Sophia! Sounds like a really fun get away. Jared & I secretly love to watch Hoarders on A&E....=]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it too - I watched it while they were all playing raquetball and pool, then when I saw it was showing again, I was like "hmm, this might be interesting" and knew it would be good and they'd freak out when they saw what was coming, and they did, it was funny. Corey liked it a lot too - we were both laughing so hard when one of the "extreme cleaner" guys said "I don't get creeped out...(pause with a big eyed look) ...and I was CREEPED OUT."

      Delete
  2. I was reading the contents of the trunk and Dad said "And a partridge in a pair tree" :) Ethan's Mountain, huh? I wanna try it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dad is cute :) You and Matt should come with us sometime!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...